Dryer Vent Cleaning reduces the risk of a fire in your home or business
Dirti Ducts • March 22, 2019
Cleaning the lint from the dryer’s filter screen after every load is just one piece to the puzzle when it comes to preventing a fire in your home. Having your dryer vent pipe professionally cleaned
annually will further avert the possibility of the devastating effects of a house fire.
According to the Department of Homeland Security, dryer vent fires are the third most common cause of house fires in the United States.
- Per year 15,600 house fires are caused by Dryer Vents
- Dryer vent fires cause approximately 15 deaths and 400 injuries per year
- Fires from dryer vents cost around 99 million dollars in property damage per year
To reduce the risk of fire, according to the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Homeland Security as well as the United States Fire Administration, dryer vents should be cleaned at least once per year.
A dirty dryer vent is costing you money
Is it taking longer and longer to dry your clothes? If you answered yes, that could be a sign that your dryer vent pipe needs attention.
In addition to the risk of a fire, a dryer vent filled with lint, pet hair and fiber can cost an additional $18 to 24 dollars per month in electricity.
Benefits of dryer vent cleaning
Peace of mind is everything!
- Carbon Monoxide & your home
Gas dryers operating with little or no airflow to the outside exhaust will cause Carbon Monoxide to back up into your home. Carbon Monoxide poisoning is very harmful and can result in serious sickness and even death
- Extends the life of your dryer
The harder your dryer has to work the more likely it is to wear down the internal components, therefore, diminishing the number of uses you have before your dryer gives up!
- An efficient dryer is a happy dryer
A clean dryer vent allows the air to move freely from your dryer to the vent outside your house, therefore, reducing the resistance and minimizing the gas or electric energy your dryer uses to operate. Build up lint increases the resistance making your dryer work harder
- Having your dryer vents cleaned by a professional will provide you with a peace of mind knowing that you have reduced the risk of a house fire.
In addition your dryer will be allowed to work optimally, increasing its life expectancy, more importantly, you have reduced the risk of potentially dangerous Carbon Monoxide fumes in your home!
Warning signs that your dryer vent needs to be cleaned
- Excessive lint build-up in lint trap after each cycle
- Dryer vent opening has noticeable debris
- Clothes removed from the dryer are noticeably hot
- Freshly dried Clothing has a musty odor
- Excessive heat in the room where the washer and dryer are located
Contact Dirti Ducts to learn more about cleaning your dryer vent or call (602)733-6536 today!