Home Renovations can do more than Disrupt your Daily Life
Dirti Ducts • June 27, 2019
Home and office renovations, although great when completed, the disruption to your daily life can be chaotic, to say the least. The renovation process also means changes in the air you breathe inside your building.
From sawdust to additional foot traffic in and out of your home or office, one of the main collection points of the other contaminants will often be your forgotten air ducts.
Through usual occupation, we generate contaminants such as dander and dust, introduce a torrid of sawdust and the build-up in your ductwork multiplies quickly.
According to the EPA, Americans on average spent about 90% of their time indoors. Often the concentrations of particular pollutants are 2 to 5 times higher indoors compared to the outside. Introducing more contaminants and indoor air quality in our homes and businesses becomes more critical than ever.
Clean Air Ducts after a Home Renovation
Cleaning your system after a renovation will produce fresh, healthy air circulating inside your home or commercial building. In addition to breathing cleaner air, there are several other benefits of cleaning your air ducts.
- A reduction of dirt, dust, and construction fed debris will help keep your home, or office cleaner with less contaminates circulating through the air
- Save energy and spend less money on your electric or heating bills because a clean system is an efficient system!
- Your AC system and furnace will experience fewer break downs and last longer because it runs less
From residential homes to commercial buildings, virtually every indoor space should have their air ducts cleaned after a renovation.
Cleaning your Air Ducts the Right Way
At Dirti Ducts, we follow what my Dad always told me, “If you aren’t going to do it right, don’t do it at all” and that's why we are one of the only NADCA ACR-2013 compliant duct cleaning companies in the entire State of Arizona.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) the only safe and approved way to properly clean your HVAC duct system is using the NADCA ACR2013 standards
. NADCA is the HVAC Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Association, otherwise known as the National Air Duct Cleaners Association
Before hiring an HVAC Duct Cleaner, ask these questions
Contact the Phoenix, AZ Air Duct Cleaning Professionals at Dirti Ducts
- Are they a registered contractor with the state of Arizona? Unlicensed contractors cannot legally access your air handler and thus cannot clean your entire system.
- Are they a member of NADCA? Hospitals and other businesses depending on a job done right will not do business with anybody that are not members of NADCA. It is, after all, the regulatory entity in the industry.
- How long will it take to clean my air ducts? According to NADCA, cleaning a single AC system properly takes approximately 4 hours with two technicians. If it takes less than that, there might be a problem.
- How much will it cost to clean my air ducts? If they cannot give you a straight answer based on the size of your home or business and number of AC units you have, you are probably in for a ride.
- Do they sanitize or disinfect after cleaning the air ducts? The EPA strictly forbids any chemical being used in your system to sanitize or disinfect an air duct system.
to learn more about cleaning your air ducts after a home or commercial building renovation or call (602)733-6536 today!