According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) people spend approximately 90 percent of their time inside and the air inside your home or business can be up to 40 times more polluted than outdoor air!
Polluted air contains small particulate that are smaller than a micron. This includes pesticides, microbial growth, pollen, pet dander, dust mites, chemicals, fungi, mold, and bacteria. Over time the particulates gather in your HVAC system circulating them throughout your home or office.
Why should I clean my air ducts?
Improving the air quality inside your house or office building is certainly a good enough reason to clean your HVAC air ducts however, there are even more benefits to having them cleaned.
- For numerous industries, poor quality of indoor air costs our nation’s businesses tens of billions of dollars each year in medical expenses, sick leave, and lost production
- Residents who suffer from allergies, asthma as well as those that suffer from other breathing disorders, having your ductwork cleaned gives you a better quality of life
- Dirt in the HVAC system can shorten the life of your air conditioner. Your air conditioner and heating system may very well last longer by not having to work harder to push the collection of particulates in your air ducts over time
- Save money! Dirt on air conditioning (AC coils) can increase energy consumption by 30 percent!
Benefits of Clean Air Ducts
Cleaning your system will produce clean healthy air circulating inside your home or commercial building. In addition to breathing cleaner air, you will also benefit in the following ways.
- Save energy and spend less money on your electric or heating bills. A clean system is an efficient system!
- Your AC system and furnace will experience fewer break downs and last longer because it runs less
- Reducing dirt and dust will help keep your home or building cleaner with less dust circulating through the air
From residential homes to surgical facilities, medical manufacturing, packaging, food production, electronic clean rooms, restaurants, apartments, and assisted living centers to name a few, virtually every indoor space should have their air ducts cleaned
How often should I have my air ducts cleaned?
The US Department of Energy recommends you check and or clean your blower motor and air conditioning coils once a year.
At Dirti Ducts we suggest cleaning your HVAC system every three to five years, depending on how many inhabitants there are in the home including pets. Rather than just cleaning the blower motor and air conditioning coils we recommend cleaning the entire HVAC System for maximum efficiency which includes the air handler, evaporator coil, condenser coil, air ducts, and exhaust ducts.
A home owners and business owners should also consider the following as you may want to have your air ducts cleaned more frequently if you have...
- Smokers in your home or business
- Pets that shed high amounts of hair and dander
- Water contamination or damage to the home or commercial business
- Residents with allergies or asthma who might benefit from a reduction in the amount of indoor air pollutants in the home or businesses HVAC system
- After commercial or residential renovations or remodeling
- Prior to occupancy of a new home or office
To learn more about improving your indoor air, contact the air duct cleaning professionals at Dirti Ducts
or call (602)733-6536.
If you are a commercial business requiring HVAC duct cleaning, contact us to schedule a walk through!